About the Masterplan
The Masterplan was endorsed by Council in March 2019 following an extensive community consultation process. It will be delivered over a number of years as funding permits.
Stage one – waterways
Working closely with Melbourne Water, Stage one aims to improve Lewis Park by making the waterway more accessible and enhancing:
- returning Blind Creek to a natural creek between Scoresby Road and the retarding basin
- creating wetlands for water quality treatment and habitat, and
- improving access and connectivity through landscaping, pedestrian bridges and boardwalks.
Construction is underway by Melbourne Water, and is due for completion by 2025.
For regular updates on the project, please visit Reimagining Blind Creek - Lewis Park | Melbourne Water
Stage two – sports and play hub
The Sports and Play Hub looks to build on the active recreation, play and social spaces around the existing ovals.
- improved sports pavilion
- pump track
- improved skate and BMX area
- new nature playground
- multi-purpose courts
- flexible carparking for potential future community events, and
- picnic spaces
Community consultation was completed in July 2022.
Email email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Or call our Open Spaces team on 9298 8000.