We acknowledge that Miller's Homestead is located on the traditional land of the Wurundjeri and Bunurong people of the Kulin Nation.
Miller's Homestead is a single storey Victorian residence on the corner of Melrose Court and Dorrigo Drive in Boronia.
It was the former home of James John Miller, the first President of Ferntree Gully Shire.
The building has been restored and is the best example of the late Victorian 'boom' era architecture of the 1880s in Knox.
The garden has been landscaped as close as possible to its original design, including a camellia walkway grown from plants dating back to the 1880s.
After a period of restoration, Millers Homestead reopened to the public on Monday 7 March 2022.
Run by Eastern Regional Libraries (ERL), Miller's Homestead hosts a range of arts, culture, literature and heritage activities and events for the community, including:
- creative writing and literature events
- children's programs
- community and cultural events
- arts partnerships
- heritage literature collections
- genealogy services
- gardening, seed back and sustainability activities.
Let us know your feedback on the new Miller's Homestead and programmed events by emailing email@example.com
Corner Melrose Court and Dorrigo Drive, Boronia VIC 3155.
For more information and updates on Miller’s Homestead:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe to the mailing list
- Follow Knox Arts and Events on Facebook and Instagram
For more information, contact:
Knox City Council
Contact us and we will come back to you.
Or call our Customer Services team on 9298 8000.
Eastern Regional Libraries
- Michelle Kemp, Miller's Homestead Officer on 0438 284 989.