How an infringement notice is served
We can serve an infringement notice by:
- delivering it to you in person
- sending it to you by post at your last known place of residence or business
- by fixing or placing the notice on your vehicle in a conspicuous manner (if your vehicle was involved in the alleged offence).
Non-payment of infringements
It is important to pay your infringements by the due date on the infringement notice.
If you fail to make payment by the due date, you’ll receive a Penalty Reminder Notice and additional costs will be added to your fine.
Paying your infringement notice
There are many options to pay your fine:
Request a review
You may request for your infringement notice to be reviewed if:
- you believe you've been unfairly issued a fine
- there is a valid reason why your fine should be withdrawn
Your personal information
Knox City Council may disclose your personal information to VicRoads:
- for the purposes of pursuing an infringement, prosecution or investigating any other offence, and/or
- as part of that infringement, prosecution or any other offence.
Types of infringements
For more information on different types of infringements, see:
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.