When to put your bins out
Your rubbish bins are emptied on the same day each week, including all public holidays. They should be placed at the collection point by 6 am on your collection day.
Use our online tool to check when your household rubbish collection day is:
You can also download our waste calendars for 2023 and view waste maps and zones of Knox:
Putting your bins out
When putting your bins out for collection, make sure you:
- put bins out before 6 am on collection day
- return bins to your property within 24 hours
- ensure bins are at least 50cm apart
- place bins with wheels and handles facing away from the kerb
- allow a minimum of one-metre clearance from parked cars, trees, light poles or any obstructions
- ensure bin lids are closed when presented for collection
- do not overfill your bins. The maximum weight for all bins is 50kg
Missed bin collection
If your bin contents are not collected by 6 pm on your collection day, you can report a missed bin collection online.
You must contact us within 36 hours (1.5 business days) of your scheduled collection day.
Before reporting a missed bin collection, please check your bin days.
You can also call us on 9298 8000.
If you find a sticker on your bin or a notice in your letterbox, follow the directions on the sticker or notice.
Organising bin services
You can request a new bin, order additional bins, report a damaged, stolen or missing bin, or change your bin size online.
Online requests are actioned during opening hours.
The property owner or real estate agent must make these requests. If you are a tenant, contact them directly.
Cancel a bin
You can cancel a bin online.
The property owner or real estate agent must make these requests. If you are a tenant, please contact them directly.
If you are changing a bin size, please leave the empty bin out after collection for changeover the next day.
Types of bin services
There are three types of bins in Knox:
- Yellow lid – for your fortnightly household rubbish collection. These bins are either 80 or 120-litre capacity. There is an extra charge for 120-litre bins.
- Blue lid – for your fortnightly recycling collection. These bins are 240-litre capacity. You can order a second 240-litre recycling bin for an extra charge.
- Green lid – for your weekly food and garden collection. These bins are 240-litre capacity.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.